How to choose the perfect wedding band for your man!
OMG… shopping for men is so hard!! Do you agree?!
We can probably all agree that men are hard to shop for, but a wedding ring is important! I specialize in custom making wedding rings. Here is a simple preview into my process and a few tips to get you started!
-Bring your man into my studio. You can schedule a complimentary custom appointment which links directly to my calendar. If you are not local, I have virtual appointments also available. Whether you are local or live far away, I am certain we can work together.
- I will take 2 measurements of his ring finger. The first is his ring size, and the second is what width of band works for him. Typically, men’s rings are between 4-10 mm wide. If you are not local, a great option is to visit your local shop to get these measurements. If that is not an option, let’s chat. We will figure it out.
- We will look at images and examples of rings I have made, or we can brainstorm something totally new! We will look at textures, designs, shapes, metal color and metal type. I typically make men’s rings in sterling silver, 14k or 18k yellow, rose or white gold or Palladium. Your preference and budget play a role here. Let me know your budget, and I can help direct you.
- I will sketch our design ideas on paper to make sure we are on the same page. I will share them with you in person or I can email them. We will tweak and redraw until you are in love!
- Depending on the design, I will most likely hand carve a wax model of the ring. You can preview it in person during another appointment or via videos and images I email you. You will be able to see the texture and scale of the ring during this phase of the process.
- I quote the final price (which is based on the weight and type of metal and design and creation time), and you pay a 50% nonrefundable deposit.
- The ring is cast or fabricated (depending on the design) into metal and polished. It can be shiny, matte, darkened or more! I can even hand engrave a meaningful detail.
- Your man tries it on to check the fit, and he is ready to tie the knot! If the fit is not perfect, I will resize it one time for free!
-All custom orders are final sale. They are nonreturnable and nonexchangeable.
Let’s say your man in just stylish, but you are not currently getting married? I can make a ring for that too! Check out what Eli Warren from Greenville, SC has to say about his recent experience working with me on his fashionable everyday ring…
“Kate made me a custom ring a few months ago and I love it!! I wear it all the time and get asked about it a lot!! It’s super comfortable and the look and style of it is perfect. The width is really cool, and it’s stout enough to make a statement without being too over the top.”
How to Buy an Engagement Ring for the Alternative Bride
Are you ready to propose but lost when it comes to picking out the perfect ring for your unique partner? Let me help!
Get my free guide on How to Buy an Engagement Ring by signing up below.
We will cover style, budget, picking a stone, picking a metal and final details! This guide will make you prepared for one of the most special purchases in your life.